Growave VIP Tiers program
IN THIS ARTICLE:
VIP programs are one of the most effective retention marketing tools out there. With an emphasis on exclusivity, they create an experience that leaves customers wanting to spend more with your brand. This makes it the perfect tool for getting a higher customer lifetime value from your upper-tier or most loyal customers.
How do VIP Tiers work?
Here customers can view what they get from tiers and what to do to achieve the next ones.
Setting VIP Tiers
There are three options:
- Look up activity from the first order - Activity will start tracking from the very first order of the user. In this case, all available orders that have been made in the shop will be taken into account in the calculation of the user's status.
- Current year - In this case, we will look at the user's order history from January 1st of this year. We count the year from January. So for example (it is 2022, Nov) and you select the past year then it will calculate from 1st Jan 2022.
- Specific date - When you select this option, an input where you can specify the date appears. This data will serve as the starting point for calculating the user's status.
To set the VIP Tiers up and get running please go here: Dashboard > Rewards > VIP Tiers:
You can create as many tiers as you want. Usually, they go in the basic line of 3: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. But any name, that comes to your mind can be used.
Also, there is a field to add a short description, to give your customers a better idea of tiers. The option of choosing images gives you the room to use your imagination ✨.
1. With the Earn Points milestone given, customers get the tiers for the amount of earned points. I.e. member gets the Bronze tier for earning/having 6000 points:
Please note that we count the total points the customer has gained for the shop activity.
Points are not taken into account in the range calculation:
- when the customer balance was manually changed
- the points were imported
- points were spent for a discount
- the discount was refunded
NOTE: If a customer has received points for the order, in case of a refund points will be deducted and it will also affect the VIP Tier status.
2. The Spent Amount milestone allows customers to get the tiers for spending the specified amount of money on your site. I.e. member achieves the Bronze tier for spending $150 at your store:
3. Setting up the Purchases Made milestone you let your customers achieve the tiers for the specified amount of purchases they made. I.e. member achieves the Bronze tier for making 10 purchases on your site:
Don't forget to set up the points multiplier in every tier.
The Points Multiplier function of VIP tiers multiplies the number of points users receive after reaching a tier. For example, without a VIP tier, the user may receive 100 points for leaving a review. You may set up a multiplier as 2 for a certain tier, and then each time a customer with the tier leaves a review, the points will be multiplied by 2, which counts as 200 points.
NOTE: The milestone for earning a tier can be chosen only once. So if you want to change the milestone later, you have to delete all the existing tiers and create new ones which leads to the loss of customers earned and multiplied points. For more details about the milestone, be sure to check this guide.
Selecting reward option
NOTE: As of now, it's not possible to set up multiple rewards for a tier. In case you update the reward option, the previously given and not used rewards will be deducted.
For more details on the rewarding options, you may have a look at this guide.
The activity tracks here, so you can see, who has achieved and which tier:
Changes in the VIP Tier settings.
If you would like to change some settings in the VIP Tiers please note:
- There will be a recalculation of tiers. If there are clients who do not fit the terms of the tier, the tiers will be dropped.
- The ‘Tier unlocked’ email will be resent out to all of your customers (if they are subscribed to the marketing emails).
Please contact us if there are any questions or requests regarding the VIP Tiers program, we'll be glad to help you. 🤗