How to choose milestone when creating a VIP tier
When creating a tier it's crucial to decide according to which of the available options to assign a tier.
There are 3 milestones: Earned points, Purchases made, and Amount spent.
1. With the Earn Points milestone given, customers get the tiers for the amount of earned points. I.e. member gets the Bronze tier for earning/having 5000 points:
Please note that we count the total points the customer has gained for the shop activity.
Points are not taken into account in the range calculation:
- when the customer balance was manually changed
- the points were imported
- points were spent for a discount
- the discount was refunded
If a customer has received points for the order, in case of a refund points will be deducted and it will also affect the VIP Tier status.
2. The Spent Amount milestone allows customers to get the tiers for spending a specified amount of money on your site. I.e. member achieves the Bronze tier for spending $70 at your store:
3. Setting up the Purchases Made milestone you let your customers achieve the tiers for the specified amount of purchases they made. I.e. member achieves the Bronze tier for making 10 purchases on your site:
Don't forget to set up the points multiplier in every tier.
NOTE: The milestone for earning the tier can be chosen only once and works for all of them. So, if you want to change the milestone later, you have to delete all the existing tiers and create new ones which lead to the loss of customers earned and multiplied points.
Since it makes it difficult to estimate different milestones at the same time, it was decided to keep one criterion for giving tiers to avoid confusion. Speaking of the terms, it's worth mentioning not only the milestone to give tier but also the reward for reaching them. When adding a new tier it is possible to choose no reward, Points, and discounts as a reward for the tier, then choose their value. When editing the existing tier it is not possible to change either the milestone to give or the rewarding type once set, but only the value of the rewarding type (both for points and discounts). For more, check out this guide.
The tracking point for assigning tiers can be set up from the Settings section of the Rewards program:
You may choose to Look up activity from the first order (the first order the customer has ever made on your shop), Current year (it will track the activities starting from January of the current year. Let's say today is the 31st of August 2022, in case you select this option, then the activities made from the 1st January of 2022 will be counted). As for the specific date, you may choose the date from which the program will be activated.
NOTE: All these criterias of VIP Tier enrollment are related to Spent Amount rule only.
For more details be sure to contact our team ✨