Klaviyo: how to use Growave property in emails
Klaviyo is a powerful marketing automation platform available on the Shopify App Market. It seamlessly integrates with Shopify stores, allowing businesses to create targeted email campaigns, track customer behavior, and optimize marketing efforts. With Klaviyo, users can leverage data-driven insights to enhance customer engagement and drive sales.
The integration of Growave with Klaviyo offers enhanced functionality for effective e-commerce marketing strategies. Easily customize and optimize campaigns, boost customer engagement, and access advanced features from both platforms. Make sure integration between Growave and Klaviyo is set and enabled.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
How to use Growave properties in emails
When creating your email campaigns, you can use the customer properties sent by our app. To do this, open the email you need, start editing the text, and click on the little person icon in the editor:
You will see a general list of properties, among which is our data:
Also, you can display/hide exclusive content for specific customers based on the value of custom properties.
Klaviyo customers' properties pulled from Growave
The integration of Growave with Klaviyo allows the transfer of key customer information to the Klaviyo platform. After the customer data is entered into our database, the next step is matching and sending certain fields to Klaviyo:
- Accepts Marketing
- Shopify Tags
NOTE: Updating properties in Growave will update all properties in Klaviyo. For example: if a customer's Points field is changed, all data will be updated. But changes to properties in Klaviyo do not affect the data in Growave.
Each field is responsible for a specific feature. If this feature is enabled, it will also be visible to the customer. For example, if a merchant has only Points enabled, the PointsBalance and RewardsProgram fields will be automatically generated for them. However, the ReferralLink, TierID, and TierTitle fields will not be generated as they are currently disabled.
FAQ on Klaviyo properties:
- What happens to the properties if I disable one or more reward programs?
The customer properties will be changed or deleted.
- What happens if I manually change a property in Klaviyo? Will this property be changed in Growave?
No, changes in Klaviyo will not affect the customer properties in Growave. But changes in Growave properties will affect changes in Klaviyo. We do not recommend this procedure to avoid data irrelevance. The first update of this field in Growave will restore this client property in Klaviyo.
- What happens if I delete an existing property in Klaviyo?
This field will no longer be available in Klaviyo, but the customer will still have it. You will not be able to segment your customer via the deleted property; therefore, we strongly do not recommend it. The first update of this field in Growave will restore this Klaviyo customer property and make it relevant.
- I deleted a property of a customer. How can I get it back?
There are several ways to restore this property:
- The property will be restored as soon as it is updated in the client's Growave
- It can be restored by reintegrating the Growave with Klaviyo after creating a new API key
- Or you can contact us if you have any troubles, and we will be glad to help you!
- What happens if I add my custom property to Klaviyo?
This process is not dangerous. This property will be stored only inside Klaviyo and can only be used in emails created in Klaviyo.
- Will the customer properties be updated if the client performed a reward action when it was turned off?
No, since the customer has not yet received a reward action in Growave itself, the fields associated with that action will not be updated.
The following Klaviyo articles might be helpful:
- How to use event variables to personalize flows
- How to show or hide template blocks based on dynamic variables
That's it! If you have any questions or need help, feel free to contact us!