FAQ on Instagram
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- How to pick the photos you want to publish?
- What is the difference between the 'Auto-approve' and 'Manual publish' options?
- How to manually publish photos?
- How to create s Shoppable Instagram gallery?
- How to embed your Instagram gallery into any Shopify page?
- How to add a website link to your Instagram profile?
- How to add a Shop Instagram page link to site navigation?
How to pick the photos you want to publish?
If it is your first gallery then all your photos are published by default. You can change this auto-approval setting by clicking the "Auto approve" button on the gallery page:
You can choose whether to publish your posts automatically or manually.
What is the difference between the 'Auto-approve' and 'Manual publish' options?
How to manually publish photos?
- The green tick indicates a published photo.
- The grey tick indicates an unpublished one.
How to create a shoppable Instagram gallery?
Let's use your Instagram and user-generated content (UGC) to turn your followers and visitors into buyers. This guide shows you how to create shoppable Instagram galleries for your Shopify site using #UGC and @accounts.
1. Go to the dashboard and click on the "Create gallery" link. This form will appear:
2. Choose an account you need among the available ones.
3. Also, you can add your own, unique hashtag to the gallery.
NOTE: Don’t use popular hashtags such as #beautifulclothes #nicedress, etc., they might pull various photos unrelated to your content.
4. Type a wished title which will be shown at the top of the gallery on your website. Or leave the field empty if you don't want to show it.
5. Disable the auto-approval if you want to manually pick and publish photos of the gallery. Otherwise, it will automatically post all of them.
6. On tagged photos, you can choose between the “Shop it” button and Hotspot. Here is the difference between them:
7. Now you can moderate photos in the gallery or embed them on any page of your Shopify site.
How to embed your Instagram gallery into any Shopify page?
Depending on your needs and skills you can pick any of the following methods. All of them allow you to embed the shoppable galleries into your Shopify site.
Choose the method that works for you and follow its instructions.
1. Shop Instagram page [ no need to install ]
A new Shop Instagram page has already been created with your gallery. You can view and customize it here.
2. Shopify sections [ only for Home page ]
It is the easiest way to embed your gallery into a home page. No skills are needed. Learn more here.
3. Embed code [ requires basic coding skills ]
Using the embed code you can add your shoppable Instagram gallery to any place in your Shopify store. Do it easily using the Shopify Pages or the flexible Shopify Code Editor. Read more.
4. Contact us [ easy and free ]
If you are confused or not sure how to embed Instagram galleries into your Shopify store, we are here for you. 😊 Feel free to contact us.
How to add a website link to your Instagram profile?
Please follow the steps below:
- Now open your Instagram app and go to the "Edit Profile" page.
- Paste the link into the "Website" field and click on the "Submit" button.
How to add a Shop Instagram page link to site navigation?
Inspire your customers by showing them your Instagram and user-generated content (#UGC). This guide shows you how to drive your visitors to the Shop Instagram page and convert them into customers.
Please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Navigation section in Shopify Admin panel.
- Open the Main Menu section.
- Click on the "Add menu item" button, it shows a form.
- Type your page title in the "Name" field.
- Click "Link field" and choose "Pages" in the drop down list.
- Then select "Shop Our Instagram" page.
- Now click on the "Add" button then on "Save menu".
- That's it! Now your visitors can see the new link on your live site.
OR watch this step-by-step video guide:
If you have any questions or need help, please feel free to reach out to us